500 Hour yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh India
Join our World class 500 hour yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh & get free yoga accessories and assured discounts.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh, India - Overview
The 500- hour Yoga Teacher Training course at Drishtiyogshala, Rishikesh allows you to do the complete modules of 500hr Yoga alliance training in one go. This is an intensive course that will give you complete knowledge and understanding about yoga asana, pranayama, teaching methodology, mudra, hatha yoga, yoga sutra, anatomy and philosophy. Our yoga school will help you to do your own daily practice after the completion of this journey or start teaching with confidence.
After the completion of this training, you can also register yourself with the yoga alliance as an RYT- 500 teacher and start your new journey. Whether your purpose of doing this training is to improve your self-practice, progress, and gain confidence or learn how to teach yoga, you will find this course and its structured learning format both encouraging and empowering.
Why do a 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training course?
500 hour yoga training is the highest international standard you can attain as a Yoga teacher. Our 500 hour yoga teacher training course combines our 200 hour yoga teacher training introductory-level yoga course with our 300 hour advanced-level yoga teacher training. Yoga participants from all over the world come to Rishikesh to intensify their yoga practice. You will easily find many yoga teacher training schools across the world but, what’s better than getting trained in the capital of yoga?
Drishtiyogshala is one of Rishikesh’s most reputed certified 500-hour yoga teacher training schools. Our training aims at reaching out to yoga admirers with an opportunity to enhance their skills and nurture the yogi within. Our carefully structured module covers not only the physical postures but also their alignment and adjustments, ethics of yoga, Yoga Sutra, Shatkarmas, and meditation so you can become a true spiritual leader. This intensive 500-hour yoga teacher training course is intended to be practiced by all levels of yoga enthusiasts. The training is dynamic and energetic which equips the yoga teaching with both physical and theoretical knowledge of yoga.
Course Timing and Syllabus
500 Hour YTTC - Timetable and Syllabus
500 Hour YTTC daily timetable (Monday to Saturday)
Sunday is full day off!
No classes will be held on Sunday, However accommodation is still available.
500 Hour YTTC Syllabus
Under this course you will get both basic and in depth knowledge of Meditaion.
First 4 Weeks
- Mantra Chanting Meditation
- Candle Meditation
- Breathing meditation
- Silence practise meditation
- Introduction to meditation (What is Meditation)
- Body Awareness Meditation
- Mind Awareness Meditation
- Breathing Awareness Meditation
- Om Meditation Basic
- Mantra Meditation Practices
- Trataka meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- Art of self silence Practice
- Yog nidra
- Walking meditation Practice
- Deep listening meditation
- Teaching Practices of Students.
Next 4 weeks
- Role of concentration in meditation and tips for developing concentration
- Meditation on body and breath
- Om / mantra meditation
- Antat and Bahir Trataka
- Dynamic meditation
- Tips for silent mditation practice
- Japa meditation
- Ajapa japa
- Antar mouna
- Nada meditation
Shatkarma is a traditional yoga technique for cleansing body from inside. It helps in internal cleansing, open blockages in body and remove all internal illnesses. Shatkarma word is derived from Sanskrit and is a combination of two words "shat" + "Karma" also know as Shaktkriya. Below are the Shatkarma techniques included in the course.
- Agni Saar
- Tirieng Mukha Eka Pada
- Sutra Neti
Mantra Chanting helps in getting energy from the universe. Our course focus on Mantra chanting at regular intervals during daily activities. Mantra Chanting Includes.
- Om Chanting
- Gayatri Mantra
- MahaMrityunjaya Mantra
- Guru Vandana (prayer to Guru)
- Prayer before class & Meal
- Om Asato Maa Sadgamaya (mantra from Upanishad)
- Tvameva Mata Ca Pita Tvameva (Sloka on gods)
- Om Tryambakam Yajamahe (Lord Shiva mantra)
- Om Sahana Vavatu (mantra from Upanishad)
- Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Gurudevo maheshwara (Guru stotram)
- Yogena Cittasya (Sloka on Sage Patanjali)
- Hare Rama, Hare Krishna (Maha mantra)
- Vakratunda Mahakaya Mantra
- Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha (Gayatri mantra)
This Part of the course includes
- Introduction of Pranayama
- Benefits of pranayama
- Explain the pranic body
- Prana and lifestyle
- Breath, health & Pranayama
- Pranayama and the spiritual aspirants
- Relavance of Pranayama in modern time.
- 5 Prana and Components of Pranayama
- Preparation for Pranayama
- Methods of Pranayama
- Balancing pranayama
- Vitalizing Pranayama
- Tranquilizing Pranayama
- The pranic body
- Annamaya kosha
- Manomaya kosha
- Pranamaya kosha
- Vijnanamaya kosha
- Anandamaya kosha
- Natural breathing
- Abdominal breathing
- Thoracic breathing
- Clavicular breathing
- Yogic breathing
- Nadi shodhana pranayama and its techniques
- Sheetali pranayama and its techniques
- Sheetkari pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Ujjayi pranayama
- Bhastika pranayama
- Kapalbhati pranayama
- Moorchha pranayama
- Surya Bheda pranayama
- Chandra Bhedana pranayama
- Swana pranayama
In this Class you will get Theoretical knowledge of yoga. Here are the below table of content which students will learn.
- Introduction of Yoga
- Yoga Sutra
- Yoga Pantanjali sutra
- 5 basic Element
- Injuries & rest
- Integrating yoga in daily practice
- Principle of Yoga
- 8 limbs of Yoga
- Yoga therapy
- Yoga for stress, Migraine and Insomnia
- Yoga for Hypertension
- Yoga for heart problem, Blood pressure and Diabetic.
- Three Dosha
- The Nadi and kundalini.
- Basic knowledge of Chakra and Ayurveda
- Yogic diet
- Difference between Satvic & Tamasic food.
- Advance knowledge of Chakra and Ayurveda
- Group discussion
- Question and Answers
Ashtanga yoga is a form of yoga that was developed in India over 2,000 years ago. It focuses on improving your physical health through postures (asanas), breathing exercises (pranayama), and meditation techniques. “Ashta” means eight and “anga” means limbs. Yoga Poses and Asanas you will learn under Ashtanga Yoga.
|Standing Pose||Primary Asanas|
|Hasta Padangusthasana & Pada Hastasana||Paschimottanasana A, B and C|
|Utthita Tri Konasana||Purvottanasana|
|Parivrtta Tri Konasana||ArdhaBaddha Padma Paschimottanasana|
|Utthitan Parsva Konasana||Tirieng Mukha Eka Pada Paschimottanasana|
|Parivrtta Parsva Konasana||JanuSirsasana A,B and C|
|Prasarita Padottanasana A, B, C & D||Marichyasana A,B and D|
|Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana||Lolasana|
|Utthita Eka Padasana||Kurmasana|
|Virabhadrasana A,B and C.||Kukkutasana|
|BaddhaKonasana A & B|
|Konasana A & B|
Advanced A (optional)
|Salabhasana A & B||Kasyapasana|
|Kapotasana A & B||Galavasana|
|Bakasana B Jump||GandhaBherundasana|
|Gomukhasana A & B|
Hatha yoga is the oldest & the most classic method of physical exercises and breathing control used in yoga. Hatha Yoga is excellent for improving body mobility and deep relaxation.
- Joints Moments.
- Surya namaskara ( sun salutations) & Chandra Namaskara (moon salutations)
- Yoga Mudrasana
- Gupta Padmasana
Backward bending Asanas
- SaralBhujangasana (Easy cobra Pose)
- Bhujangasana (cobra Pose)
- TiryakaBhujangasana (twisting cobra pose)
- Sarpasana (snake pose)
- ArdhaShalabhasana ( half locust pose)
- Shalabhasana (locust pose)
- SaralDhanurasana (easy bow pose)
- Kandharasana (shoulder pose)
- ArdhaChandrasana (half moon pose)
- Setu Asana (bridge pose)
- Gomukhasana (cow’s face pose)
Forward bending Asanas
- Paschimottanasana (back stretching pose)
- GatyatmakPaschimottanasasna (dynamic back stretch pose)
- PadaPrasarPaschimottanasana (legs spread back stretch pose)
- JanuSirshasana (head to knee pose)
- Ardha Padma paschimottanasana (half lotus back stretching pose)
- Hasta PadaAngushthasana (finger to toe stretch)
- Padahastasana (hand to foot pose)
- SirshaAngusthaYogasana (head to toe pose)
- Utthitajanusirshasana (standing head between knees pose)
Spinal twisting Asanas
- ArdhaMatsyendrasana (half spinal twist)
- ParivrittiJanuSirsasana (spiralled head to knee pose)
- Poornabhujangasana (full cobra pose)
- Kurmasana (tortoise pose)
- Poornashalabhasana (Full locust pose)
- PoornaDhanurasana (full bow pose)
- Dhanu-rakarshan-asana (archer’s posed)
- Chakrasana (wheel pose)
- Hanumanasana (leg splitting pose)
- Poornamatsyendrasana (full spinal twist pose)
- Mayurasana (peacock pose)
- Padma mayurasana (Lotus or bound peacock pose)
- Gorakshasana (Yogi Gorakhnath’s pose)
- Astavakrasana (eight-twists pose)
- Vrischikasana (scorpion pose)
- Inverted pose, balancing pose and core pose.
Every yoga teacher before starting it's Yoga Practice should know about the basic structure of our human body and functions of the organs. In this course you will gain below knowledge about human Anatomy.
- Important joints
- Important Nerves
- Basic structure of human body
- Proper functioning of organs and Body parts.
- Types of bones
- Circulatory system
- Types of heart block
- Skeletal system
The teaching methodology is one of the most important parts of the course as our students will learn the following:
- How to conduct a class
- Classroom management
- How to get in and come out from the posture
- How to assist & help while teaching the class
- Which kind of words you should be used as a yoga teacher
- What makes you different than other teachers in terms of teaching.
- Which kind of asanas you should recommend with a different health issue
- How to use belts, bolster, bricks and chair during the class adjustment.
What we offer?
What's Included in Our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program?
Our 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program in Rishikesh includes the following features.
- Daily 3 times Sattvic meals.
- Indian Cooking classes.
- Weekly local sightseeing.
- 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate – Certified from Yoga Alliance, USA.
- Weekly outdoor yoga classes.
- Free Yoga Materials and accessories.
- Three complimentary massage.
- 54 Nights Accomodation.
- Airport Pick-up and drop.
- Additional Advance yoga classes.
500 Hour Yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, India - Upcoming Dates
1 May to 28 May 2023
Budget Shared: 2284
1 June to 28 June 2023
Budget Shared: 2284
1 July to 28 July 2023Budget Shared: 2284
1 August to 28 August 2023
Budget Shared: 2284
1 September to 28 September 2023
Budget Shared: 2284
1 October to 28 October 2023
Budget Shared: 2284
Life at Drishtiyogshala
Food and Accomodation for 500 Hour YTTC
Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is very important for yogis, as it can affect both their mental and physical health. The Yogic Diet is based on the natural healing, rejuvenating, and energizing elements from the revered science of Ayurveda, making it a perfect food for nourishing the mind, body, and soul of budding yogis. Drishti Yogshala provides yogic food that helps physically increase flexibility and stamina. All our kitchens are clean and hygenic and our food are globally popular for it’s taste and yumminess.
We provide three meals a day. Both vegan and vegetarian options are available to meet the requirements of yogic practice. A healthy soul requires a healthy body, in the same way that our physical bodies require a safe and clean environment. The Drishti Yogshala is situated in a peaceful area surrounded by green mountains and fields. Our rooms are spacious and well-ventilated, and our staff is always available to keep them clean and hygienic.
Food at Drishtiyogshala are daily cooked by expert Chef’s and are included in the price of course fees.
Accomodation at Drishtiyogshala campus for 500 Hour yoga teacher training program are well mantained and clean. Cleaning staff cleans all room on daily basis. All rooms has attached Bathroom with 24 hours Electricity, Hot and cold running fresh water.
We provide accomodations on private and sharing basis so do check according to your individual needs. You will have access to fully AC yoga hall for practice and meditation in silence. Laundary service is also available at small charges. rooms at our campus are shared by same genders but wife and husband, mother and daughters can share their room if both are doing Yoga teacher training program.
Facilities at Drishtiyogshala campus
24/7 hot, cold running water
Single and Double sharing rooms
rooms with attached bathroom
Close proximity to the market
Spacious and ventilated yoga hall
Free Wi-Fi 24/7
Frequently asked Questions - 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
500 Hour YTTC program in Rishikesh is the combination of 200 hour Yoga ttc and 300 hour yoga teacher training, this course provides information about philosophy and Anatomy of Ashtanga Yoga, Vinayasa Yoga, Tradional Hatha Yoga ,philosophy and Anatomy of multi-style Ashtanga primary series, Vinyasa, Vinyasa flow, and Hatha flow style training programs.
This course duration is 8 weeks or 57 days/56 Nights.
Maximum of 20 Students are allowed in a Single batch.
Upon completion you will be certified with two certificate as RYT 200 and RYT 300 Yoga alliance certificate from Drishtiyoghshala. RYT means Registered Yoga teacher.
You will be served with 3 daily pure sattvic meals with rich in vegetables. Both Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
Yes, their will be a Physical and written test before course completion. Upon passing the exam you will be certified with RYT-500 certificate.
Yes, Students can eat outside eatable on their own expenses. But after all classes in evening. No outside eatables are allowed during classes, Student have to eat sattvic meal at dinning hall.
- Valid ID proof for Indian Nationals.
- Visa and Passport for foreign nationals.
- Copy of course confirmation letter or receipt.
- Medication if take any.
- Personal Hygiene Kit.
- Personal Yoga Mat if you wanted to bring, However we also provide a yoga mat.