Chakrasana steps, benefits, precautions, right ways
The chakra refers to wheel and asana means pose, and the wheel pose also known as urdhva dhanur asana.
Steps of Chakrasana
- Sit in Dandasana the base position.
- Lie down on your back ( Supine position )
- Slowly bend your right leg at the knee and then slowly bend the left leg, remember your heels should be touch to your hips.
- Inhale raise your arms up and place your palms under your shoulders and your fingers should be spread out.
- Slowly press the palms and lift your hips up and lift your back of the chest up, and come to full chakra asana or final position.
- Keep pressing your palms towards floor and lift your body more higher, let the head hand between the straight arms.
- Stay here for as much as you can. Beginners people do not hold more.
- Now Slowly rest your buttocks down and rest your back of the chest down, and release your legs front. After coming back hug your knees and rolling front and back, give full massage for your back.
- After relaxing try to do one more round.
- Chakrasana strengthens the legs. It is beneficial to the nervous, digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular, and glandular systems.
- Chakrasana makes us strong & flexible in our back and removes stress and tension.
- If you will continue to practice this pose every day so it helps women reduce cramps and rectifies menstrual problems.
- Regular practice of Chakrasana build our arms, shoulders, abdomen, and legs muscles.
- If the person suffers from low blood pressure so they can practice Chakrasana to open the chest and get more oxygen and make the spine flexible.
- Practicing Chakrasana helps us with hair growth.
- Do not perform Chakrasana directly by yourself, it can injure your back, before doing this pose try some backbend yoga poses and surya namskar also of hatha yoga.
- Chakrasana is the advanced level yoga pose. So if you are not comfortable and ready and if you have pain in your back, so don’t practice.
- People who are suffering from headaches and high blood pressure problems so should avoid this pose.
- The women who are pregnant don’t do this asana, you should avoid this until your delivery.
- The practice of wheel pose is according to your body’s needs, do not force your body. Doing forcefully of this pose you can get injured in your lower back and shoulder and wrist.
Right ways to do Chakrasana(wheel pose)
- Practice Chakrasana with some warm-up poses and an empty stomach.
- Use a cushion and bolster & blanket under your head to protect your head if you fall down.
- Those who are beginners should practice first under the guidance of their teacher.
- When you will come to the final position of this asana so then shift your whole body weight on both legs and both hands.
- Those people who are comfortable in Chakrasana can extend the practice by carefully moving their hands towards the feet.
Best timing to do Chakrasana
Morning and evening you can practice this. But one thing you should remember practice Chakrasana with an empty stomach. Before doing Chakrasana practice comes with easy backbend yoga poses for warm-up. The warm-up is so important in the backbend.
NOTE – Always remember not to force your body.
- people who have stiff back so they can do the first bridge pose.
- Use the yoga wheel and rest your back over the yoga wheel and then slowly arch back as much as you can.
- You can use wall ropes also for Chakrasana so use the rope behind your back thoracic region and then backbend and hold for a few breaths.
- Use yoga blocks under your palms and you can lift yourself up easily.
- The practice also against wall support arching the back and resting your palms on the walls, fingers facing down, and slowly walking down then reaching your palms down on the floor.
Regular practicing of Chakrasana gives strength to our arms, legs, shoulders, carpel, and meta carpels and reduces our tummy fat. Beginners people should use props and wall support. If you have any kind of pain in your back or injury so do not try to do this pose, this pose is an advanced-level yoga pose. For beginners practice this under the guidance of your teacher. If you wanted to start a career in yoga then you can join 500 hour yoga teacher training at Drishtiyogshala where you will learn all such advance yoga poses and become a certified yoga teacher.
Leave a Reply