10 Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
If you are struggling to lose weight, you should read this. There are various types of exercises, which can help you to stay fit. Staying fit includes different activities and yields different results for various individuals. Some of you may be quite happy with a healthy body, minus diseases. However, there are people who want to look aesthetically pleasing with a well-toned body, as well. You can enroll for a yoga course at a good Yoga School in Rishikesh.
The best schools have well-defined programs for any goal that you may have. Yoga asanas are quite effective in providing the body with strength, stability, and flexibility, and they also help in losing weight. The best thing about yoga is that overweight individuals who find it difficult to do aerobics and gym workouts can also do it.
Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh Suggests Yoga Asanas
If you want to learn about asanas in complete detail, you can join the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. The course covers various weight loss and toning asanas, which you can include in your daily routine.
Such asanas increase metabolism so that you are able to digest well. Additionally, you can strengthen your core muscles and lose excess fat. Let us read about a few asanas in this genre.
- Dhanurasana – This is one of the best asanas, which you can do today for weight loss. Beginners can also do this asana quite easily. You have to simply balance the body on the belly, while holding your feet, with a back-bending stance. It improves blood circulation and also cures constipation. If you have any gastrointestinal issues, then you can get rid of them as well.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana – This is one of the best poses, which you can do while lying down. You have to support your body weight on your soles, the back of your head, and on your hands, in this pose. It works mainly on the hips, thighs, and the abdomen.
- Naukasana – This is also called the Boat pose. It is a seated pose, in which you have to balance your body on the buttocks. Regular practice of this asana helps in reducing belly fat, improves blood circulation, and also facilitates proper digestion. The body resembles a V-shaped structure, when you are in this pose.
- Trikonasana – This is a standing pose, which you can do anywhere. You may or may not take a yoga mat, while you do this pose. It involves bending the body from the waist, so that the mid-section experiences a twist. In this pose, you utilize the legs, arms, and belly area, as well. Moreover, you have to do this asana on both sides.
- Sarvangasana – This is another beneficial inverted pose for all those, who are looking to lose some weight. It also balances the thyroid levels and facilitates weight loss. If you have any sleep disorder, you also get a cure for that. If you sleep well, you will stop having midnight cravings. So, you can keep all the flab away.
- Bhujangasana – This is another yoga asana, which can help you to stay fit and slim. The Cobra pose helps you to strengthen your shoulders, upper back, and abdominal region. Thus, making you burn a lot of fat from the belly area, thighs, and hips, if done on a regular basis.
- Virabhadrasana – This is a standing pose, which helps in strengthening and toning the thighs and the shoulders. Your focus also increases. It also targets the quadriceps. You will likely see a toned and flat belly, after a few days of practice. Your balance also increases. Learn this asana at the Yoga School in Rishikesh, under proper guidance.
- Utkatasana – This is another standing pose, in which you emulate the position of being seated on a chair. In this case, the chair is imaginary. You are required to squat to a certain level, and keep the body stationary in this pose. The hands are stretched in front of you, in this pose. Your legs, arms, and abdomen has to be squeezed, to maintain this pose. So, you will be able to sport a toned body soon.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – Also called the Downward Dog pose, you have to support the body on your palms and soles, with the buttocks jutting upward. It is a weight-bearing pose, which has huge benefits.
- Baddha Konasana – This pose works on the thighs. So, you can lose a lot of extra fat from the area. It is an easy asana that even beginners can do. You are supposed to flap the legs, in this pose, emulating the flight of a butterfly.
If you enroll in a 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh, you will be able to learn about such target-oriented asanas. Make lifestyle changes alongside and count the endless benefits. Yoga is a truly fascinating way to stay fit and healthy.